Over the past few years the facilities at Teurlings Catholic have been expanded to meet the needs of the growing number of students on campus. Out of concern for the safety and security of our students, faculty, and visitors, Teurlings added a full-time School Resource Officer two years ago. Officer Marty Deroussel’s presence during the school day is an added measure of safety for everyone. The addition of a full-time school nurse beginning this school year will also add yet another professional to our staff, further contributing to a safer and healthier environment for our students.
The additional growth, though, has warranted the need for extended student supervision both before and after school. In order to provide a safer and more secure environment for our students, we are implementing the following changes:
- Gates to the school will open at 6:15 AM for morning testing, detention, and club/team activities. All other students may come on campus no earlier than 6:30 AM.
- Morning supervision of students will also be expanded from 7:00-7:30 AM to 6:30-7:30 AM.
- Afternoon supervision will also be expanded from 2:30-3:00 PM to 2:30-4:00 PM. Students waiting for rides must report to the main breezeway at 3:00 PM.
- WE EMPHASIZE THAT ALL STUDENTS WAITING FOR RIDES MUST BE PICKED UP NO LATER THAN 4 PM.
- If school is dismissed early, supervision will continue for 1.5 hours after the regular dismissal. For example, if TCHS is on an early dismissal schedule with a 12:40 PM dismissal, supervision will be extended to 2:10 PM and all students should be picked up by that time.
- Please be reminded all students waiting for rides must remain in the breezeway area and must be picked up at that location.