TCHS DANCES FOR 2022-2023
TCHS HOMECOMING DANCE - Saturday, October 29, 2022
TCHS SADIE HAWKINS DANCE - Saturday, January 21, 2023
TCHS PROM - Saturday, April 22, 2023
**Check back for guest form
All school rules apply at all school functions. Breathalyzers will be administered to everyone entering the dance. No one will be admitted into the dance after 8pm and no one will be allowed to leave the dance until 10pm. Guests may not leave early.
TCHS DANCE ATTIRE GUIDELINES
**Page 41 - TCHS Student Parent Handbook**
Teurlings Catholic High School dances are an event, which reflects the philosophy of our school and the teachings of the Catholic Church. Among our most important considerations is adherence to Church teachings regarding modesty.
According to The Catechism of the Catholic Church, “Purity requires modesty. Modesty protects the intimate center of the person. It means refusing to unveil what should remain hidden. It is ordered to chastity to whose sensitivity it bears witness . . . Modesty is decency. It inspires one’s choice of clothing. It keeps silence or reserve where there is evident risk of unhealthy curiosity. It is discreet . . . Teaching modesty to children and adolescents means awakening in them respect for the human person.”
In accordance with these directives of the National Conference of Catholic Bishops, Teurlings Catholic High School sets forth the following dress guidelines for our students and their dates:
• The neckline of a dress, top, or gown must be cut in a modest way. If cleavage is showing, the student will be asked to leave the dance. Spaghetti straps or strapless dresses are allowed, as long as they are not low cut.
• The cut of a dress in the back and sides must not be below the natural bra line. Backless dresses are not allowed.
• A dress, skirt, or gown, must be no shorter than three (3) inches from the knee. (in a standing position)
• Slits in a dress/skirt may be no higher than three (3) inches from the knee.
• No midriff is allowed to show.
• No navel is allowed to show.
• The bodice of the dress must not have any fabric cutouts (this includes openings covered with net-like fabric.
• Dresses should not be excessively tight.
Polo or collared dress shirt, dress pants, and dress shoes. T-shirts and tennis shoes are not allowed. Sport coats, tie, or bowtie are optional.
*Prom - Tuxedos and suits are encouraged, along with dress shoes.
ADDITIONAL NOTES: Admittance to the dance, with consideration of attire, will be left to the discretion of the faculty and administration who are present that evening. If a student is in doubt as to the expected modesty of his or her chosen attire, he or she should consult with administration before the dance to avoid the embarrassment of being turned away.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Click here.