TCHS DANCES FOR 2023-2024
TCHS HOMECOMING DANCE - Saturday, October 7, 2023
*Non-TCHS Date Form - CLICK HERE
TCHS PROM - Saturday, April 20, 2024
**Non-TCHS Date Form - coming soon
All school rules apply at all school functions. Breathalyzers will be administered to everyone entering the dance. No one will be admitted into the dance after 8pm and no one will be allowed to leave the dance until 10pm. Guests may not leave early.
TCHS DANCE ATTIRE GUIDELINES
**Page 41 - TCHS Student Parent Handbook** (Handbook Revision, Approved and Effective 10/17/2023)
Teurlings Catholic High School dances are an event, which reflects the philosophy of our school and the teachings of the Catholic Church. Among our most important considerations is adherence to Church teachings regarding modesty.
According to The Catechism of the Catholic Church, “Purity requires modesty. Modesty protects the intimate center of the person. It means refusing to unveil what should remain hidden. It is ordered to chastity to whose sensitivity it bears witness . . . Modesty is decency. It inspires one’s choice of clothing. It keeps silence or reserve where there is evident risk of unhealthy curiosity. It is discreet . . . Teaching modesty to children and adolescents means awakening in them respect for the human person.”
In accordance with these directives of the National Conference of Catholic Bishops, Teurlings Catholic High School sets forth the following dress guidelines for our students and their dates. These guidelines apply to all school dances, including Homecoming and Prom:
• The neckline of a dress, top, or gown must be cut in a modest way. If cleavage is showing, the student will be asked to leave the dance. Spaghetti straps or strapless dresses are allowed, as long as they are not low cut.
• The cut of a dress in the back and sides must not be below the natural bra line. Backless dresses are not allowed.
• The dress and skirt length must be below the knee, NOT at the knee or right above it. Side, front, and back slits in a dress/skirt must be below the knee. Only tea-length dresses and floor-length dresses will be allowed.
• No midriff is allowed to show.
• No navel is allowed to show.
• The bodice of the dress must not have any fabric cutouts (this includes openings covered with net-like fabric.
• Dresses should not be excessively tight.
1. Homecoming: Polo or collared dress shirt with dress pants. T-shirts are not allowed. Sport coats, tie, or bow tie are optional.
2. Prom: Tuxedo or suits are required. Sport coats and slacks are not permitted.
ADDITIONAL NOTES: Modesty is a top priority at Teurlings Catholic High School. If an administrator deems the dress/skirt does not follow policy and/or is inappropriate, the student will not be allowed to enter the event. If you are uncertain as to whether or not your dress/skirt is acceptable, please email a picture of yourself in the dress/skirt to an administrator for approval. These guidelines also apply to non-TCHS dates.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Click here.