Eligibility is the privilege of participating in interscholastic athletics that is attained by complying with all minimum standards established for student-athletes that are cooperatively determined by member schools through the LHSAA By-Laws. A student-athlete’s participation in interscholastic athletics is a privilege and not a right that is obtained by adhering to the uniform minimum standards adopted by the membership. Uniform standards are limitations governing eligibility that are a necessary prerequisite in interscholastic athletics because they protect the integrity of the interscholastic program; they protect the opportunity of qualified student-athletes to participate; they help to ensure competitive equity among member schools; they encourage academic achievement by student-athletes; and they promote the health and well-being of the student-athlete.
Section 1 – Eligibility – LHSAA Handbook updated 10/01/18
TCHS ANNUAL PHYSICAL DAY - CANCELLED
- Current Athletes - If you currently have a physical on file with TCHS, regardless of expiration, it will be recognized until October 1, 2020, or actual expiration date. If the physical is currently expired you will be required to fill out the Parental Release and Acknowledgement of Risk form. You must bring this form to your respective coach on the first day you report for workouts. You will not be allowed to remain on campus and/or participate in summer workouts without this form. (Students currently participating in workouts have already completed this form)
- New Students - All new students to TCHS will be required to submit the following prior to participation: Medical History-Medical Exam Form, LHSAA Athletic Participation Parental Permission Form, and LHSAA Substance Abuse-Misuse Contract.
- In order to be compliant with LHSAA guidelines we are asking all students to submit a current physical by Monday, September 28, 2020. (If you have submitted a current physical no action is needed on your part)
- Medical History-Medical Exam Form
- LHSAA Athletic Participation Parental Permission Form
- LHSAA Substance Abuse-Misuse Contract
- Physical Exam Waiver
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Click here.