CLASS OF 2023
Click here for the CORE 4 GPA CALCULATOR
PROGRAM OF STUDIES
The program of studies at Teurlings Catholic High School is based on the Catholic philosophy of education, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools standards, the requirements of the Department of Education of the State of Louisiana, and the general entrance requirements of colleges, universities, and career training programs.
The Louisiana Department of Education has made changes to their previous graduation requirements and has adopted two new pathways. To graduate from the State of Louisiana, a student must follow either the TOPS University Diploma or the Jump Start Career Diploma. Teurlings Catholic High School only offers the TOPS University Diploma pathway. This does not insure a student will receive the TOPS Scholarship Award. To receive the TOPS Award, students must also meet ACT and GPA requirements outlined by the TOPS program. The required TCH program of studies is outlined below.
All Teurlings Catholic students will be required to complete the requirements of the Louisiana University Diploma. Graduation from Teurlings Catholic High School and participation in graduation ceremonies will require:
● A total of 26 units of credit
● Scheduling 7 units per year including a Religious Studies class each year as outlined in the program of studies above.
● Successfully passing a Religious Studies course each year.
● Taking all midterm and final exams (unless exempt).
● Fulfillment of all obligations and commitments, including financial.
● Participation in the Senior Retreat.
● The Principal’s approval.
● Graduates must follow the Louisiana University Curriculum, which provides all courses necessary for admission to
Louisiana colleges and universities.
*Free Electives - 3 units - See choices by grade level on the TCHS website (www.tchs.net/admissions/scheduling-information.cfm)
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Click here.