Listed below are two scholarship opportunities available:
1. ACE Scholarships — Application information for the 2021-2022 school year opens in early March. Exact date and time TBD.
2. Arete Scholars — Application information for the 2021-2022 school year is TBD.
LOUISIANA’S PRIVATE SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The Louisiana Tuition Donation Credit Program allows qualified Louisiana children to receive scholarships to qualified K-12 private schools, allowing parents to choose the school that will best prepare their children for college, careers, and for life. ACE Scholarships Louisiana is a school tuition organization and offers scholarships to qualified children on a first-come, first-served basis for as long as funds are available. Applications for NEW applicants will be available on their website, www.acescholarships.org on March 2, 2020.
Here is what you need to know:
1. My child must be a resident of Louisiana
2. My child attended a Louisiana public school during the 2019-2020 school year OR
- My child is attending kindergarten for the first time during the 2020-2021 school year OR
- My child participated in the Louisiana Scholarship Program/Student Scholarships for Educational Excellence Program OR
- My child participated in the Tuition Donation Credit Program during the 2019-2020 school year.
3. My family income is less than the amount listed below:
What documents do i need to upload to complete the application?
- Proof of Residency for 2020
- Proof of Income for 2019
- Proof of Social Security Income for 2019
- Proof of Disability Income for 2019
- Proof of Child Support Income for 2019
- Proof of Food Stamp Income for 2019
How much is the ace scholarship?
For 2020-21, an ACE Scholarship is worth a maximum of $4,200 per year for grades K-8 and $4,500 for grades 9-12. Scholarship cannot exceed the full amount of tuition and fees at the school. The families are responsible for working out a payment plan with the school for the remainder of tuition.
THE ACE SCHOLARSHIP CAN FOLLOW YOUR CHILD
If your child is awarded a scholarship, those funds are portable during the school year and may be used at any qualifying private school. So, if the private school you select ends up not being the right fit, you can transfer your child to another participating private school, and the scholarship goes with them.
Message from Arete:
For the 2020-21 school year, we currently have no plans to open applications statewide for new families. Should that change, we will contact your school and post updates on our website’s application page.