Every student is encouraged to utilize the library at all convenient time periods. The library has current periodicals, audiovisual materials, and an extensive book collection. The library is open from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and is for use by Teurlings Catholic students, faculty, and staff. For the comfort of the library patrons, the following policies are in effect:
- The library is a place of QUIET for study, research, reading, and recollection. Activities, which disturb or distract others, will not be allowed. The library is not a student lounge. Loud, boisterous behavior will not be tolerated at any time. The computers located in the library are for academic use only and their use is governed by the same rules and regulations as computers located in classrooms and the computer labs. The Librarian reserves the right to restrict computer access to any student at any time for violation of any portion of the school’s computer use and Internet policies.
- No food or drink is to be brought into the library.
- The area behind the circulation desk is the librarian’s office. As in any private office, objects and materials here are of a personal or professional nature and are not to be disturbed.
- Failure to obey rules 1, 2, and 3 at any time may result in a student being asked to leave the library and denied use for an extended period of time. Any violation of the school Internet /Technology Use Policies may also result in a loss of library privileges.
- Books may be checked out for a two-week loan period; these may be renewed if there is no hold on the item.
- Current periodicals are for IN-LIBRARY use only.
- Reserved books or materials and back issues of periodicals may be checked out with special permission from the librarian at the end of the school day for OVERNIGHT checkout only. These must be returned before 8:00 a.m. the following day or a fine will be levied.
- Since the library is open for an appropriate period of time before and after school, REFERENCE BOOKS MAY NOT BE CHECKED OUT.
- Overdue fines of $.05 per day for two-week loan items and $.25 per day for overnight loan items will be charged.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Click here.