(Click "ENABLE EDITING" at top)
PROGRAM OF STUDIES
The program of studies at Teurlings Catholic High School is based on the Catholic philosophy of education, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools standards, the requirements of the Department of Education of the State of Louisiana, and the general entrance requirements of colleges, universities, and career training programs.
GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS - Classes 2016-2017
Graduation from Teurlings Catholic High School and participation in graduation ceremonies require:
- A total of 26 units is required for graduation with a Teurlings Catholic High School diploma.
- A total of 24 units is required for a Catholic school diploma.
- Taking all midterm and final exams (unless exempt).
- Fulfillment of all obligations and commitments, including financial.
- Participation in the Senior Retreat.
- The Principal's approval.
- Graduates must follow the Louisiana Core 4 Curriculum to meet admission requirement for entry to Louisiana colleges and universities.
GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS FOR CLASS OF 2018 AND BEYOND
Beginning in 2018, all Teurlings Catholic students will be required to complete the requirements of the Louisiana University Diploma. Graduation from Teurlings Catholic High School and participation in graduation ceremonies will require:
• A total of 28 units completed as follows:
o English – 4 units (English I, II, III, IV)
o Math – 4 units (Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry, and Advanced Math)
o Science – 4 units (Physical Science, Biology I, Chemistry and choice of Biology II, Physics, or Environmental Science)
o Social Studies – 4 units (World Geography, Civics, US History, and World History)
o Foreign Language – 2 units from the same language (French or Spanish)
o Art – 1 unit (Art I, Fine Arts Survey, Theatre)
o Health/Physical Education – 2 units (HPE I, PE II or Athletic PE)
o Religious Studies – 4 units (Religion I, II, III, IV)
o Electives – 3 units chosen by the student
• Taking all midterm and final exams (unless exempt).
• Fulfillment of all obligations and commitments, including financial.
• Participation in the Senior Retreat.
• The Principal’s approval.
• Graduates must follow the Louisiana University Curriculum, which provides all courses necessary for admission to Louisiana colleges and universities.