Students will be allowed one non-student guest of the opposite sex for which they will be accountable. The Homecoming Dance will be held from 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. No one will be admitted into the dance after 8:00 p.m. or will be dismissed before 10:00 p.m. Doors will open at 7:15 p.m. Prom will be held from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM. No one will be admitted after 6:30 PM and no one will be dismissed before 10:00 PM. High School aged guests must be enrolled in a high school. No guest may be 21 years or older. All female students and guests must abide by the dance attire guidelines listed below.
Students who have been expelled or asked to leave Teurlings Catholic may not attend school-sponsored dances. TCH students bringing a non-TCH date to a school-sponsored dance must bring a completed Guest Form to the assigned dance sponsor by the required due date. Forms will be available online at the appropriate time. Date sign-up procedures will be explained for each dance in advance.
Dance Attire Guidelines
Teurlings Catholic High School dances are an event, which reflects the philosophy of our school and the teachings of the Catholic Church. Among our most important considerations is adherence to Church teachings regarding modesty.
According to The Catechism of the Catholic Church, “Purity requires modesty. Modesty protects the intimate center of the person. It means refusing to unveil what should remain hidden. It is ordered to chastity to whose sensitivity it bears witness . . . Modesty is decency. It inspires one’s choice of clothing. It keeps silence or reserve where there is evident risk of unhealthy curiosity. It is discreet . . . Teaching modesty to children and adolescents’ means awakening in them respect for the human person.”
In accordance with these directives of the National Conference of Catholic Bishops, Teurlings Catholic High School sets forth the following dress guidelines for our students and their dates:
1. The neckline of a dress, top, or gown must be cut in a modest way. If cleavage is showing, the student will be asked to leave the dance. Spaghetti straps or strapless dresses are allowed, as long as they are not low cut.
2. The cut of a dress in the back and sides must not be below the natural bra line. Backless dresses are not allowed.
1. A dress, skirt, or gown, must be no shorter than three (3) inches from the knee.
2. Slits in a dress/skirt may be no higher than three (3) inches from the knee.
1. No midriff is allowed to show.
2. No navel is allowed to show.
3. The bodice of the dress must not have any fabric cutouts (this includes openings covered with net-like fabric.
4. Dresses should not be excessively tight.
A. Homecoming: Polo or collared dress shirt, dress pants, and dress shoes. T-shirts and tennis shoes are not allowed. Sport coats, tie, or bow tie are optional.
B. Prom: Tuxedo or suits are required. Sport coats and slacks are not permitted.
ADDITIONAL NOTES: Admittance to the dance, with consideration of attire, will be left to the discretion of the faculty/administration sponsors who are present that evening. If a student is in doubt as to the expected modesty of his or her chosen attire, he or she should consult with administration before the dance to avoid the embarrassment of being turned away.
Additional Information below can be found on page 49 of our Student/Parent Handbook
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Click here.